Billion Secondary Tungsten Scraper
The flagship in the Billion range – a tungsten tipped scraper with the following features:
• Easy installation;
• Compatible with mechanical belt clips;
• Cheaper than the market average;
• Tungsten hardness: HV30 (kg/mm2) 1500 – 1600;
• Transverse Rupture Strength (N mm2) 2600 – 3000;
• Acid Resistant;
• Abrasion resistance 0.18 (cm3/h); and
- The blade of the secondary scraper has tungsten tips. This ensures that the lifetime of the blade is increased and that less spares need to be replaced in the lifetime of the scraper
- In front of the blade, there is a protective plate that is spot-welded in place to make our scraper compatible with mechanical belt clips. This also protects the tungsten tips so that they don’t shatter when a mechanical belt clip passes by the scraper
- The secondary blade is machined with an overhead surface grinder which ensures that the whole blade comes into contact with the belt
- The secondary blade is profiled at a slight angle on their sides to ensure that the tip of the blade is flush with the one next to it. This prevents lines on the conveyor where spillage may occur.
- The buffer of the secondary scraper has a polyurethane base which has been extensively tested to get optimum performance from the secondary scraper
- The buffer has a lifetime guarantee which means that for the lifetime of the scraper it never needs to be replaced. This will be a huge cost saving.
- The secondary scrapers’ shaft is made with a thick wall square tubing and strengthened with a solid square bar. This makes the secondary durable and minimises costs.
- The secondary scraper can be installed with a self-adjusting bracket to optimise performance and help reduce wear on the blades where mechanical belt clips are installed.
SCRAPER BREAKDOWN AND SPARES
- Side Pipes
- The side pipes can be ordered in either 300mm or 500mm lengths
- The side pipes are bolted to the secondary scraper with 4 bolts eac
- Lifetime guarantee for the life of the scraper
- Strengthened for longer scraper lifetime
- Self-adjusting Brackets
- May be ordered separately for better performance of the secondary scraper
- Scraper bracket
- The bracket can either be bolted or welded onto the chute
- The B-clamp bolts onto the bracket and holds the side pipe in position
- Two bolts are used to ensure that the scraper stays in place once installe
- The secondary blade is bolted onto the blade holder with two bolts each
- The blades are aligned on a jig to make sure that they are flush with each other
- The blades are 150mm long which ensures that we can install the scraper any size conveyor.
- The blades are also available in stainless steel for high abrasion applications
- Blade Holder
- The Blade holder is bolted onto the buffers and holds the blades in place on the scraper
- The skirting is fitted to the scraper in order for the spillage to be directed away from the scraper. This prevents a build-up of debris on the scraper.
Secondary Scraper Sizes
The secondary scraper can be installed on any conveyor belt size. On the larger sizes, we fit extra buffers and reinforce the scraper to ensure that even the really big sizes live up to the same standards as the rest of the scrapers
We are able to manufacture our secondary for any size conveyor
Although our scrapers can be fitted to almost any structure, there may be special requirements that you have. This can be discussed with our technical team who has extensive knowledge with regard to conveyor belt scrapers.
Please contact us to discuss any special need you may have. We have modified our design several times to customers’ specification and will do our best to accommodate you.